Monday, February 25, 2019

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part: 2019

I'm behind in my posts--I saw The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part over a week ago in the theater--but before I discuss that film, I need to say that I'm so disappointed in the Academy. Did you really just give the Best Picture to another Driving Miss Daisy? Or am I imagining that Green Book won Best Picture last night? I hope it's one of those Bob Newhart endings, and I find out that I'm dreaming because there's no way that Green Book deserves it. I'll even watch that movie to prove it.

As for The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, the film is fun and so relatable for my family. My daughters saw themselves in the siblings fighting, and my husband and I could relate to the mom trying to keep the peace. Sure, the film is a sequel, so some of the magic in the first film doesn't happen in the second, but there's something reassuring about seeing the optimistic and kind-hearted Emmet trying to save the day. And I loved how the story begins with a dystopian Lego world. It's so fitting for a pre-teen to make Legos fit that genre.

Instead of seeing the most recent Best Picture winner in theaters, go see the new Lego movie. You'll feel better seeing that story of friendship and overcoming hardships.

No comments:

Post a Comment