Saturday, September 16, 2017

Silence of the Lambs: 1991

There's no way I'm watching this movie again. One was enough.

If you've seen the film, you'll understand. The final scene with the night vision goggles? Eeeekkkkk!

Just watch the trailer and tell me if you're not already a bit disturbed:


What scared me about Silence of the Lambs is what you don't see. Your imagination fills in the gaps in horrifying ways that are personalized just for you. I'm not a fan of scary movies. Some of them are just too gory, which isn't so much scary as just plain gross. But others don't show you what happened. Those are the ones that give me nightmares. I'm feeling grateful right now for the rule I set at the beginning that I don't have to watch anything I've already seen.

1992, here I come. It's Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven. I have no idea what's about, but it's shorter than some of the films I watched recently so it's already looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment