Monday, March 5, 2018

Academy Awards: 2018

After watching last night's Academy Awards, I have a list of films I need to see:

  • Coco (best animated picture winner and best song winner, plus it looks so fun)
  • The Shape of Water (best picture winner, gotta keep going on this list)
  • I, Tonya (best supporting actress went to Alison Janney, the clips make the film look sooooo interesting to someone like me who was obsessed with figure skating when the Harding and Kerrigan conflict happened)
  • Foreign Films and Documentaries (again I'm reminded that I'm limited in what I watch)
I still plan to watch Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. The hold is set at my library, so whenever that comes, I'll watch Francis McDormand and Sam Rockwell in their Oscar-winning performances.

I have to say, I was glad to see some variety in last night's Oscars as far as not having one film sweep multiple categories. Sure, the diversity in the acting category winners is seriously lacking, but overall, it was good to see many films being honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment